Today I’m inviting you in a unique journey to Aşkistan, the Land of Love. We will speak its language and learn the recipe of love. Are you ready?
If yes, open your heart, close your eyes and spread your love all around.We need it, we live it. Because love makes us human. Love creates the Good and chases the Bad away. Love prevents us from hurting others. Love draws smiles on our faces and in our souls. Love is happiness. Love is compassion and empathy. Love takes care of others. Love wipes the tears away. Love creates beauty… We can neither enjoy nor recognize the true beauty of nature or people without watching them with the eyes of our hearts. Love is understanding and discovery. We fall in love with moments, places, people… We fall in love with life. It’s easy, free and beneficial. So what’s the recipe? Love is usually buried in negative feelings, from sadness, hate to egoism, jealousy. All you need to do is to take a hoe and dig it up!
- Whenever you feel sad add a pinch of smile to your day and you’ll feel better
- If you hate somebody, remember that you are the one who suffers the most from hate! If someone hurts you, forgive him/her and free yourself from negative feelings.
- Unfortunately we are all egotists to a certain degree, loving ourselves more than others. Act contrary! Help others as often as possible and the egoism will fade away gradually in the light of the happiness you create to others. You will definitely feel better when seeing the smile on your mother’s face after you cleaned up, the satisfaction on that poor puppy’s face after feeding it, the gratitude of your colleague when helping him/her, the sparkles in the eyes of a homeless child when feeding him, playing with him or teaching him to read or count… There are so many things you can do!
- Are you jealous on other people’s success or happiness? Then contribute to them! Help them to become more successful and happy. This way you’ll learn to be happy for others!
Now let’s learn some useful words/ expression you’ll need in Așkistan:
- așk, sevgi-love
- duygular-emotions, feelings
- biraz sevgi göstermek-show a little love
- gerçek sevgi-real love
- seni seviyorum-I love you
- sevmek-to love
- sevgi bütün kalpleri yumuşatır– love makes all heart gentle
- fall in love-aşık olmak
- yürek, kalp-heart
- kalbini açmak-open one’s heart
- dünyayı daha iyi bir yer haline getirmek– make the world a better place
- gülümsetmek-make someone smile
- mutlu olmak-be happy
- mutlu etmek-make happy
- mutlu son-happy ending
- özen göstermek-take care
- sinir, öfke-anger
- acı çekmek-to suffer
Photo by: Kessie from Brighton